Last Updated: February 22, 2022
Pleasing is committed to protecting your privacy.
SECTION 1 – WHO ARE WE?
The Pleasing Company LP, doing business as Pleasing (“Pleasing”, “we”, “our” or “us”), is a US based company established at 10960 Wilshire Blvd., 5th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90024.
SECTION 2 - WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Personal Information is any information from or about an identified or identifiable individual. We may collect or process the following categories of Personal Information when you use our Website:
- Identification and Contact Information. When you make a purchase from our Website, we collect information such as your name, address, email address, and phone number.
- Financial Information. When you make a purchase from our Website, we collect information such as your credit card number and expiration date.
- Device Information. When you browse our Website, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, as well as information about your browsing device, and your use of our Website, including pages you click. For additional information, please see Section 8 below.
SECTION 3 - WHY AND HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We only use Personal Information collected through our Website for the following purposes:
- Provide Pleasing Products. We use your Personal Information to process your order, provide you with the products you ordered, and send you communications related to your purchase.
- Respond to Inquiries and Offer Support. We may use your Personal Information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Website or products.
- Communicate with You. With your consent, where required by applicable law, we may use your Personal Information to send you marketing communications to promote our products and/or invite you to events.
- Legal Reasons. We may use your Personal Information as needed to comply with applicable law, to respond to valid legal process, to investigate or participate in civil discovery, litigation, or other adversarial legal proceedings, and to enforce our Terms of Service, including investigating potential violations.
SECTION 4 - WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH?
The third parties with which we may share your Personal Information with for those purposes are the following:
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Website. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Our Affiliates; Business Transfers. We may share Personal Information with our corporate affiliates, who may act in a capacity as a controller. We may share or transfer your Personal Information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Legal Purposes. We may share your Personal Information as needed to comply with applicable law, to respond to valid legal process, to investigate or participate in civil discovery, litigation, or other adversarial legal proceedings, and to enforce our Terms of Service, including investigating potential violations. In these cases, the person or authority may be acting in a capacity of a controller.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your Personal Information when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- With Consent. We may communicate your Personal Information to a third party subject to your consent.
The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
SECTION 5 - HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
SECTION 6 - EUROPEAN DATA PROTECTION SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Data Subjects Rights
If you are in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), Switzerland, or the UK, you have various rights in relation to the processing of your Personal Information:
- Access to personal information processed concerning you;
- Correct inaccurate personal information concerning you;
- Delete any personal information concerning you;
- Restrict processing;
- Receive your personal information provided to us in an interoperable format (data portability); and
- Object to the processing on grounds relating to your particular situation.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority.
Legal Bases for Processing
When we process Personal Information as a controller for individuals in regions such as the EEA, Switzerland, and the UK, we rely on the following legal bases as applicable in your jurisdiction:
- Contractual Necessity. We process Personal Information for the management of our relationship on the basis of the contract between Pleasing and you in order to (i) provide you with the products; (ii) send you communications related to your purchase; and (iii) manage our relationship and carry out any related administration.
- Legal Obligations. We process your Personal Information to comply with EEA laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules applicable to us, and to respond to requests from, and otherwise communicate with, competent public, governmental, judicial or other regulatory authorities.
- Legitimate interests, unless overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. We process your Personal Information to (i) comply with non-EU laws and respond to requests from, and otherwise communicate with, competent public, governmental, judicial or other regulatory authorities; (ii) meet our corporate and social responsibility commitments; and (iii) protect our rights, property or security and the one of our clients.
International Data Transfers
We rely on certain service providers which are also located outside of the EEA, and this may therefore imply transfers of your Personal Information outside of the EEA.
SECTION 7 – CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Consumer Privacy Act
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), California residents have a right to request:
- Disclosure of our data collection and sales practices. California residents may request (i) the categories of Personal Information we have collected, (ii) the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected, (iii) our purpose(s) for collecting the Personal Information, and (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we have shared Personal Information;
- Access to specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- Deletion of any Personal Information we have collected about you; and
- That your Personal Information not be sold to third parties.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights, which is prohibited by the CCPA.
California’s Shine the Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as “Shine The Light” law, permits California residents to request, and obtain from us, annually and free of charge, information about the disclosure of your Personal Information (if any) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the previous calendar year. We do not share Personal Information with third parties for such purposes.
SECTION 8 - COOKIES
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device when you browse our Website. We use the following cookies for technical and statistical purposes:
- _session_id, unique token, sessional, allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopify_visit, no data held, persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, used by our Website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits.
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional.
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite if the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Enabling+and+disabling+cookies
SECTION 9 – DO-NOT-TRACK SIGNALS
Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) is an initiative that purports to allow Internet users to signal that they do not want to have data about their online and browsing activities tracked and collected. There is no uniform standard for recognizing DNT browser signals, and there is no consensus on what actions, if any, should be taken in response to DNT browser signals. Therefore, our Website does not currently respond to DNT browser signals.
SECTION 10 – CHILDREN
Pursuant to our Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province by using the Website.
We do not sell the Personal Information of any individuals, including that of children under the age of 16.
SECTION 12 - WHO CAN YOU CONTACT IF YOU HAVE QUERIES, COMPLAINTS, OR WOULD LIKE TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS?
If you have any questions, complaints, or would like to exercise any of your rights, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at:
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
10960 Wilshire Blvd., 5th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90024